We are currently hiring for a group coach!
Green Lake Strength & Conditioning is a community of athletes who find strength, confidence, and connection by pursuing lifelong health and fitness together. We’ve been in Green Lake for over 15 years, and in 2020 changed ownership to Kate and Nate Muller, two long-time members. We disaffiliated from CrossFit, but we still use METCON style workouts, functional fitness, and more in our programming.
We’ve been open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic – we have excellent ventilation and outdoor workout space. You must be willing to work in all weather conditions, as our doors will remain open for the foreseeable future!
A successful coaching candidate will
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and passion for fitness
- Be humble in attitude but confident in their abilities
- Be charismatic and energetic in leading a group of people through a workout
- Have the emotional stamina to be at their best with each group of athletes
- Be driven to constantly learn and improve in their coaching
Green Lake Strength & Conditioning is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Create a welcoming, friendly, and encouraging environment for all athletes.
- Foster community between athletes.
- Provide coaching and training to group classes to ensure athlete safety and improvement.
- Read, understand, and effectively deliver group programming.
- Design and implement group warm-up protocols.
- Provide feedback and cues (during classes and post-training) for athlete improvement.
- Promote and exemplify the values of Green Lake Strength & Conditioning.
- Maintain adherence with gym rules and regulations for yourself and everyone else in the gym.
- Maintain operation, cleanliness, and organization of the equipment and facility.
- Calmly and competently respond to emergency situations.
- Participate and contribute to staff meetings and staff education events.
- Actively engage in professional development and continuing education.
Experience / Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year group fitness coaching experience
- Coaching certification (such as L1 CrossFit certification, SCSC, PPSC, OPEX, etc)
- Olympic lifting, Kettlebell, Endurance, or other related training certifications are a plus
Hours will depend on availability. We are currently looking for someone to help with 10-20 hours per week. Mostly on weekday afternoons and Sundays.
- Coaches are paid $24-$36 per class depending on experience (includes setup and clean-up).
- Perks include 24/7 access to the gym and healthcare for coaches working 20+ hours.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] to apply.